Thursday, December 10, 2015

Last Day to Prepare for Journal Entry Assessment

Learning Goal - I can analyze how the geography shaped the development of Ancient China.

No QOD

Today, students will be working with a substitute to prepare for the journal entry on Friday.  I will be attending a training session.  Students will have computer and a wealth of resources to compile details for their journal entry.  Students will listen to music and silently write their journal entries on Friday in class.  There will be extended time on Monday to complete the journals.  

Example 
Day 1.
Today has finally come.  I have been saving silk that I have grown for a while now in preparation for my journey.  For years now I have watched rich merchants traveling all over Asia and coming back with exotic spices, jewelry, metals, and supplies.  Ever since my friend returned I have yearned to explore the world and return rich.  I have been looking at maps and journals from other merchants and now I have finally chosen a route. My name is QiáozhìI and I live in Chang'an, the capital of China.  I will set out and travel south into India where I will trade for spices then to Africa where I hope to acquire ivory and finally across the Mediterranean where I will trade silk for wine and then back home.  I will keep a journal and write in it every time something important happens to me.

Students will need to include the following:
1. Name of traveler and role (merchant, bandit)
2. Nine details related to the itinerary
3. Date on the Silk Road
4. Proper spelling and grammar



No comments:

Post a Comment