Thursday, February 6, 2014

Feb. 6 Middle Ages Test and World Religions

Students took the Middle Ages test on Tuesday.   I am in the process of grading the tests and resource packets.  I hope to have most grades on Powerschool by Monday.  Students will have a grade for their manor project, test and resource packet.  Absent students will make up quizzes, test and projects by Monday.

Today, students studied five major world religions.  This information will give them some background knowledge for World War I and World War II.  Students studied symbols, important figures, locations, beliefs and holy books of Judaism, Islam, Christianity, Buddhism, and Hinduism.  This assignment will be due on Monday.  Handouts are available on my website.

Cultural Literacy WOD - Lobotomy also called prefrontal leukotomy,  surgical procedure in which the nerve pathways in a lobe or lobes of the brain are severed from those in other areas. The procedure formerly was used as a radical therapeutic measure to help grossly disturbed patients with mental illnesses. There are a few videos on youtube, but I don't know if I recommend watching them.  Makes me queasy...

Questions of the Day - 
Why did people get sick in the Middle Ages?


What is the holy book of Islam?

I will be gone tomorrow, Friday, Feb. 7 for a Professional training opportunity. Students will be reading pages 112-116 from the World Cultures book and completing a packet.  This assignment will help students understand the Russian Revolution.  It relates to World War I and World War II, and eventually the Cold War.

Today's News - Speaking the Russia, don't forget to watch the Winter Olympics.  Qualifying events begin tonight with snowboarding, moguls, and figure skating.  The opening Ceremony is at 6:30 on NBC, the performances will tell you a lot about Russia culture.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great resource not only for parents, but for special education teachers. It is so detailed that I really know what is going on in the classroom even if I am not personally there! As a special education teacher, I find your blog very valuable! Paula Long - Educ 522

    ReplyDelete